Mon – Fri: 9am – 9pm.
Saturday:12pm – 6pm
Bank holiday and other non standard times should be checked on the Moodle Library Page
The Joshua Dawson Library is situated on the second floor of the Independent College campus at 60/63 Dawson Street. The main library collections support the College programmes in Law, Journalism and Psychotherapy, at undergraduate and post graduate level. There are additional collections to support CPD diplomas and short courses.
The library has generous opening hours, extended around examination times (February – June). While the library remains the hub of research resources and services, there is online access throughout the building via the College wi-fi network, as well as from external locations. Registered students can access the subscribed College databases from work and home.
A full range of academic services is offered to students at the Joshua Dawson Library, and the student’s educational experience is enhanced by a range of research tutorials delivered from the library.
Academic programmes at Independent Colleges are supported by a range of electronic databases:
- Westlaw.IE – Library Page Via Moodle
- First Law – Library Page Via Moodle
- LexisNexis ( Law)
- Nexis ( News and Business)
- Sage Journals
- DawsonEra Books Online
Link to Library Catalogue - Click here to access the Catalogue Online
Standard Library Services:
- Loans, short loans, library reserves and bookings.
- Query Desk.
- Research support related to electronic resources.
- Written library guides.
- Inter Library Loan Service
- FE1 lecture series on DVD. (Access as registered – booking required)
- Research tutorials for 1st, 2nd, 3rd year students and post-graduates