This is a course that will bring you on the journey to find the story behind every major wine region on the planet, with some of the best, the wisest and the wittiest wine and food experts, journalists and writers in Ireland.
The overall aim of the course is to bring you to an increased level of insight, understanding and deepening pleasure about this most ancient and fascinating of human civilisation’s creations. It is a 7000 year old tale that moves from an ancient work of man and nature or the gods, in ancient Iran, to a fast moving, planet crossing, global business worth hundreds of billions of euro a year that wine has become today, by way of every major wine region and nation on earth.
Thursday, 9th October 2014
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm-8:30pm for 12 weeks.
Institute of Commercial Management (ICM)
Contact DetailsTel: 01 672 5058
12 weeks, one evening per week
Part Time: €495 ( Payment plan options available- Please call 01 672 5058 for details)
- Introduction to The History Of Wine Culture and Trade and the Art, Science and Business of Tasting, Wine Notes. (From the Phoenicians 350 BC to China 2011 AD)
- The Development of a New and Old World Wine Culture from 1800 to Date -Introduction to Appellation Control, The Concept of Classification and Terroir
- The New World Beyond – Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
- Bordeaux - The Great Wines of The World – Whose On First
- Burgundy – Birthplace of Terroir
- Italy – The Origins of Style
- Rhone – The Evolution of varietal Wines
- Spain and Portugal – Europe’s New Wine Playground
- The Americas North and South - Napa, California, Oregon, Chile and Argentina
- Fortified Wines – Sherry, Port and Beyond
- Champagne – A Study in Bubble and Image
- Germany, Austria and Eastern European Wines
Assessment is based on a final essay of 2,000 words.
What We Offer
This is a Course that will bring you on the journey to find the story behind every major wine region on the planet, with some of the best, the wisest and the wittiest wine and food experts, journalists and writers in Ireland.