Welcome to the Law School
The Faculty of Law at Independent College Dublin represents a vibrant learning environment, supported by staff with a reputation for academic and teaching excellence. Set on a campus in Dublin city centre, the Faculty of Law presents a diverse and innovative range of programmes in law from certificate and diploma level, through to degree, postgraduate and professional levels.
The Undergraduate Faculty of Law offers a three year LL.B degree programme in Irish law which is awarded by the University of the West of England in Bristol. This programme is additionally accredited by both regulatory bodies of the solicitors’ and barristers’ professions. The Postgraduate Faculty of Law offers two unique Masters’ programmes. The LL.M is a specialised postgraduate programme in law for those interested in the area of media law. The MA Dispute Resolution is an innovative programme which involves the study of the developing and critically important area of alternative dispute resolution. In 2011, this programme was shortlisted for Postgraduate Course of the Year by Postgradireland.
The Faculty of Law also comprises a number of professional level programmes. In particular, the Faculty of Law is the largest provider in the State for the delivery of preparation programmes for the entrance examinations to the Law Society of Ireland. For four of the past five years, students of this programme have finished 1st overall in these state-wide entrance examinations. The School’s preparation programmes for the Entrance Examinations to the King’s Inns and the New York Bar Examinations have proven to be highly successful.
The Independent College Dublin Faculty of Law has created an atmosphere where the student learning experience is to the fore and where inquisitive, questioning minds are welcomed, encouraged and nurtured. I invite you to visit the College to learn more about us.
Head of Law Faculty
Law School – Experience Matters
Law School Highlights
* Inspiring lecturers (including Val Corbett, Ciaran Patton and Tomas Clancy) who have a wealth of experience delivering high quality law programmes
* More Law Society of Ireland Entrance Examination (FE1) first place prizewinners than any other law school, including 24 first placed prize winners, and four Overend Scholars in the last five years
* Accreditation from the Honorable Society of King’s Inns
* Ireland’s largest professional law school
* State of the art teaching and learning methods and online learning support
* Tailored study plans for mature learners and those returning to education
* Opportunity for transfer into 2nd and 3rd year of the LLB programme for students with prior accredited learning (more than 130 law degree students transfered to Independent College Dublin in the last two academic years)
* Tax relief available for LLB degree fees
* Electives available in Employment Law, Media Law, Medical Law, Administrative Law, the Law of Evidence, Human Rights Law, and Family Law.